Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Monday, November 22, 2010

What's Going On

Not much of excitement here - still pregnant, still haven't won the lottery, still haven't suddenly discovered that I am really Bill Gates's secret love child (wouldn't Mum be surprised??).

The Evil Genius is hanging with his dad until tomorrow...Casa de Crazy is unnaturally quiet when he's not here. Rook is looking for a playmate - she's entirely herself again, and full of beans!

The last few nights haven't been very good for sleeping. No, no, not because of that! Heh. No, because I have this small human inside of me, and she insists on growing at an astonishing rate, which puts strain on my spine and joints and means I can only sleep on one side or another without compromising my circulation. I'm fond of circulating. Also, while I can sleep on my right side, I'm in that delightful stage of knocked-uppedness (that is so a word) when heartburn and reflux pay a call, so I'm really relegated to spending most of my nocturnal hours on my left side.

That wouldn't be such a big deal, but for some reason sleeping on one side makes my butt cramp. yes, I said it makes my butt cramp.

Do you know how unpleasant it is to wake up with a cramped behind??

Between Rook, who now thinks nights are time to play! play!! play!!!, and (yes, yes, I just used all kinds of punctuation without capitalization, and followed it with a comma...stick to the point here, people) buttocks cramping, sleep is something of a precious commodity around here. Oh, well - I am trying to see it as warming up for Sprout's arrival and concurrent demands on our time.

Meanwhile, taking advantage of a relatively quiet day, I did some marketing (spent the last of my grocery money, too, naughty me, but I won't have to go again for a week or so and have everything I need for the upcoming cookie swap to boot, so I can't feel too bad about that)(at least, not until I need milk or something and realize I can't go get any)(dang) and am baking the bread for Thursday's dressing. I like to bake it and cut it up a few days ahead, let it sit out and get nice and stale. I'm baking two batches because we want a lot of dressing and because it would just be mean to make the house smell so lovely but tell Someone hands off the goodies. He really likes that bread!

Speaking of Someone, he's out Winterizing the garden under the supervision of a handful of wild-born-but-not-at-all-wild kitties. They want to know why he's messing with their toilet, I imagine.

Tomorrow I'll be making mashed turnips and carrots for Thursday and baking pumpkin cupcakes, then picking up Bird and bringing the cupcakes to a friend's house for her son's birthday.

Whoopsie - timer's beeping, have to go knead! What're y'all up to??

5 comments:

HermitJim said...

I'm thinking you may have to get a milk cow! If you group continues to grow, you may at least need to get a goat!

That should really add to the entertainment factor around the old homestead, don't you think?

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

not to mention, left-side list leaves you gawking at swanflesh...
I'd cramp, too...

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Bread'll make up for the carrot schtufs...

Tulsa Court said...

Its meaningful and by some means sharing this to readers like me, can make me want to surf the web to be able to get extra fantastic ideas.

Video Interviewing said...

I am just now working on, and i am sure this will help me a lot..and I have been looking for such information since from few days